Thursday, January 3, 2019

How to remove a sticker from a plastic box


I've been using plastic bottles and boxes to make aquariums.



Removing stickers is the first thing when it comes to it.

Previously, I shared with you how to remove stickers from plastic bottles .

Removing stickers from plastic boxes of this type is simply a matter of picking a corner of the sticker and pulling it off.

It seems to work better when force is applied diagonally.


Start from another corner if the sticker gets ripped.


Pull the corner of the sticker slowly applying even force on the whole surface as you pull at the same time.

Move your grip closer to the surface of the box as necessary to maintain even force.


That's all there is to it :)



Pulling too fast or too hard will tear the sticker or leave some residue of glue on the box.
Here you can see the glue residue.

Here I tear the sticker.

Start from another corner.




The glue on this sticker is different from the one on plastic bottles.

I use a dry napkin to wipe this glue residue off of the box.

This technique works well at normal room temperature.



Rinse the box under running tap water.
Let it dry.

Use the clean box to make an aquarium or whatever you may have on your mind.

Have fun and happy projects :)

2 comments:

  1. Michael,i' I big fan of you, I followed you since 11/2018, let's talk about aquariums, I need learn about aquariums, ( sorry my bad English, I'm Brazilian ! Send me a email... I want show you my pet aquarium... Thanks again for all you teaching.... You friend and follower Gustavo Hoffmann!

    ReplyDelete