Tuesday, November 16, 2021

How to Grow Jasmine in Aquarium


August 9th, 2020. 
I get a nice looking curly cutting of Jasmine plant. 


Buy Jasmine on Amazon (paid link):



Let's remove the bottom pair of leaves and trim off the stem to a desirable length. 



I want to check if Jasmine cuttings can grow in water.
 Let's put the cutting in this aquarium garden with snails. 

All leaves stay above the water level.

 Only the bottom of the stem stays in the water.


 About one month later on September 5th. 
The plant looks healthy. 


And here is a new white root growing. 

A couple weeks later on September 21st. 

The roots grow much longer. 

Let me pull the plant out for you to take a better look at the roots. 
So, the roots have grow about 14 cm long so far. 
It is about the height of this vase.
Let's put the plant back.
 I have to find a larger aquarium with enough room for this plant to keep growing. 

About 3 weeks later on October 13th.
 I move the Jasmine plant into this 3 liter aquarium garden.

 The roots are already as long as the height of this jar. 

26 cm to be exact.

 I keep a breeding pair of dwarf guppies in this aquarium garden. 
The plant should be fine here. 

The curly vine of Jasmine looks very nice hanging out like this. 


October 2021. 
It's been over a year since I started growing this Jasmine plant with roots in water. 

The tip of the plant dried out as you can see here. 

Also, new leaves grow.


 And here you can see a new well-developed branch. 

The roots are strong. 


I did not see any flowers yet. 

The curly Jasmine grows slowly without me doing any care all year around and it looks adorable.
 Have fun and happy aquarium gardens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment