Monday, January 9, 2017

Algerian Ivy aquarium garden


November 11th, 2016
I placed this cut of Algerian ivy in a cup of water.


I use water from my aquariums.
It took about one week for a new root to sprout.


November 25th, 2016
Many more roots grew in the two weeks that I kept the plant in aquarium.
I decided to plant it.


I have prepared a planter made of a plastic bottle with two funnels.

Put a layer of padding polyester to cover all holes in the planter.



Then put a layer of sand on top of it.
Place the planter on a base.
I made the base from the bottom part of a plastic bottle.

Soak the planter with water from an aquarium.

Dig a pit for the plant.

 Place the plant in the pit.
Cover the roots with sand.

Soak the planter with water.

Place the planter on the top of an aquarium.


I put roots of an ornamental sweet potato through one of the funnels for now.
I feed fish through the other funnel.

December 2nd, 2016
Two new leaves sprouted.


December 18th, 2016
Another pair of leaves grows.
 I put a different plant in the funnel.

December 20th, 2016
I have to remove a sick leaf.

December 28th, 2016
I removed two sick leaves.


The new leaves grow on a nice looking branch.


Here is the second leaf that needs to be cut off.

December 29th, 2016


I noticed two roots grow through the holes in the planter.

This one just got through.

But this one has been through, hm...for while!

All looks good.
Life is beautiful!
Have fun and happy aquarium garden :)

No comments:

Post a Comment