Monday, May 7, 2018

Peace Lily Underwater All Year Round


July 14th, 2017
 I showed these 2 Peace lily plants previously in a video in March 2017 



This plant has 1 leaf above water.
All other leaves are underwater.


This Peace lily has been fully submerged since March 2017.



Both plants look good.

Let's split the plant with a leaf above the water into two.


One part comes with a leaf that was above the water.
 The other part comes with all leaves that were submerged.
 Both parts have roots.

 The part with a single leaf goes...oops...I broke the leaf!


Hmm...I put it as it is back into the old aquarium to see if it may regrow.


Trim off long braided roots of the second part.



 Anchor the plant to a rock.
Simply tie roots around the rock.


This Peace lily goes into my newly built HD aquarium.



August 18th, 2017
 Here you can see all 3 Peace lilies.
Plants are fully submerged and stay healthy.




The broken leaf is still green!


Though, most importantly...new leaves grow from the stub!


Let's take a closer look at it.
Some parts of the stub got rotten.
 Remove the rotten parts.

All old and new roots are strong.
There are 2 new pretty leaves growing.

I put the plant back into the old nursery for now.

September 30th, 2017
The broken leaf is still green.
Algae grows on the stem.

October 6th, 2017
I moved fish out from this nursery.
The broken leaf remains unchanged.

 The tiny Peace lily has 4 leaves.

October 11th, 2017
I move the tiny Peace lily to a plastic cup.


 Add seed shrimps to clean it up.

November 16th, 2017
I moved the tiny Peace lily to my smallest aquarium.
I keep this nursery without fish on a windowsill.



November 19th, 2017
 All leaves of my tiny beauty Peace lily wilted!!

The temperature over 90 F was more than the plant can take.

Seed shrimps tolerate that temperature!

 I keep the other plants in nurseries with fish away from direct sunlight.
The temperature in my apartment is 72-76 F all year around.

A new leaf grows on this Peace lily.

Old leaves covered with algae.



November 21st, 2017
Notice how long it takes for new leaves to fully open.










 December 30th, 2017
Another leaf sprouted on this plant.



 February 23rd, 2017
A new leaf grows on the same plant.


 March 4th, 2017
Here you can see the Peace lily in my HD aquarium.
Noticeably, all my Peace lilies grow underwater smaller and slower than they do above water.


March 22nd, 2017
A new leaf grows on a Peace lily in this nursery.




 And so it goes all year around.
Peace lily grows underwater without any maintenance.
Have fun and happy plants :)  

2 comments: