Friday, April 7, 2017

Water Lily Aquarium Garden


January 4th, 2017
 I got bulbs of a water plant known as Water Lily Nymphaea sp. 



Drop the bulbs in an aquarium. 
I should probably plant them, but let's see how it goes. 


The dry bulb has to be soaked before it will sink to the bottom. 
It could take a couple minutes or so. 


January 19th, 2017
 I noticed sprouts start growing. 


January 30th, 2017
 I moved plants into small nursery aquariums with a couple of snails. 


February 3rd, 2017
 Roots grow from the sprouts. 


February 13th, 2017
 The water lily looks gorgeous with white roots and pretty leaves.



March 31st, 2017
 The plant grows steadily in the past month. 
Here you can see a couple of guppy fry I put in 5 weeks ago. 
They seem to be doing fine. 

It has nice roots. 
Heart shaped leaves of red and green color spread around taking the space of this small nursery aquarium.

Let's take a look at the plant from the top. 

Water lily is not the fastest growing plant in my aquariums, but one of the prettiest and easy to grow! 

Have fun and happy aquarium :)

No comments:

Post a Comment