Thursday, June 15, 2017

Leafy Pondweed in Aquarium


February 10th, 2017
 These small water plants have appeared in my aquariums since the Summer 2016, when I got my first samples of wild water plants from a local lake.


This plant stays on the bottom tangled in filamentous algae.
It grows 3-5 cm at most and then wilts shortly.
 It has roots.

I decided to plant it in some of my nursery aquariums to check if it will grow better.

February 20th, 2017
I have different plants in each aquarium.
Here you can see this plant in the middle between filamentous algae and hairgrass.





 March 18th, 2017
 In the past week, I added Peace Lily and a pair of guppies to this nursery.
And look! The plant is growing!

April 15th, 2017
The plant grows to about 17-20 cm.

I think this plant is called Leafy Pondweed (Potomogeton Foliosus).
Please correct me if I am wrong.







May 19th, 2017
The plant keeps growing.

Now it is over 30 cm long.  

It looks like it may grow flowers or branches.



Have fun and happy plants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment