Monday, January 29, 2018

My Nano Aquariums


January 11th, 2018
Here you can see some of my aquariums.
I call them nurseries.



All of them are nano compared to standard aquariums.

This is my first and oldest 1.6 liter nano aquarium.
This pair of guppies have lived here since July 2016.

The aquarium has a square base with an inner side of about 11 cm.

Next is an aquarium in about 1 liter vase.

The diameter of this vase is about 8 cm.
These guppies have lived here since July 2017.


The next 2 aquariums are in the nano category under 1 liter...of combined volume ;)

This aquarium is a home to 3 guppies born in October 2017.
Betta fish owners are familiar with this type of aquarium.
I am going to make a detailed video about this aquarium soon.



Here is my smallest aquarium with one newborn guppy, born in January 2018.


The diameter of this tank is about 6 cm.


The next is my largest, about 10.5 liters aquarium.

It is also in the category of nano aquariums, even though it is larger than all 4 previous aquariums put together :)
Two pairs of adult guppies live in this aquarium.

The narrowest side of this aquarium is about 12 cm.

My other nurseries are made up of 2 liter plastic bottles.

They have a diameter of 10.5 cm each.


My nano aquariums have different shapes, different water capacity, and different number of fish in them.

Uh-oh... a guppy female is attracted by the bright tale of a male in the neighboring aquarium.

I take care of all my aquariums in the same way.
 I don't use man-made filters, heaters, or air pumps.
feed fish with what grows in my aquariums.
All aquariums are populated with algae2-3 types of plants, and aquatic critters.
The narrowest side of each aquarium is 3 times (or more) the size of the fish in the aquarium.
Use this measurement to calculate the minimum water volume per fish and the maximum number of fish in each particular aquarium.
I am going to add links in description to the video for more details about my aquariums, fish, plants, critters, fish care and etc.
Have fun and happy aquariums :)

No comments:

Post a Comment