Monday, May 14, 2018

LED Light Holder


I use wired hangers to make holders or stands for LED lights made of disposable LED lighters and such to illuminate plastic bottle aquariums as shown in my previous videos.



Straighten up the shoulders of a hanger to make a loop.

 It is easier to bend hangers made of thinner wire.
 Bend the wire in the middle of the hanger to make a loop with a diameter of the bottle (about 10-11 cm).

Put the wire on a flat surface and bend it upward holding it at the base of the loop.


In this example, I bend and fold the hook toward the loop.

Use a rubber band to fasten the LED to the holder.


Light pointing down.

We have made a holder.

 Place an aquarium under the LED.

Spread wires of the holder for easy placement.

 In this example, the LED is positioned directly above aquarium, shining from the top inside of the aquarium.


 In the following example, I attach a USB powered LED light.
 Check links in description to the video for details on how to make it.
I have kept it turned on since then!


Here, I use a paper clip to fasten the LED to the hook.


 In this example, I use a battery powered LED.

Point the light on a tilted background for better visual results, as I explained it in previous video.





Moving the LED down the holder, closer to the tilted background, works even better for this purpose.



Check my "Night Aquarium" video for ideas ;)

 In the following example, I use two LEDs: a white battery powered LED and a blue USB powered LED.


Fasten the blue LED to the stand.


 Point the blue light on a white tilted background placed behind aquarium.

 It looks nice as it is already!

 Let's pan over it with the white light.










Have fun and happy aquariums :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment