Thursday, October 3, 2019

Dwarf Guppies Update


Here is my oldest 1.6 liter aquarium as of September 9th, 2019.
You can see here the guppies of my first breeding line of dwarf strain.


 The oldest largest fish is up to 2.5 cm.

This aquarium has been involved in many ongoing projects besides breeding dwarfs.

 One of them is...I have not changed the water since the end of 2016.
There is up to 2.5cm of accumulated waste.
 It's actually less, because there is also gravel.
The waste at the bottom is turning into fertile substrate for plants.

So, my natural aquarium fish care seems to work fine :)
 I used to keep newborn fish in separate nurseries.


Now I keep all newborn fry with the parents in the same tank.
 Here are fish of 4 generations.
I want my adult dwarf guppies to be up to 2 cm long and have fewer pregnancies with fewer babies.

Here is a young male of the 3rd breeding line.
 I used to keep 4 breeding lines.
The 1st and 2nd main lines, and 2 mixed lines of the main lines.

This year I've been testing a simpler way of inline breeding with fewer aquariums.
This is all a work in process that I constantly adjust as I learn and see results.

 Here is a couple of the second line.
The males of the 2nd and the 3rd line have thicker bodies and more red in their tails compared to the first line.

 Here are guppies of the first - the original line as in my oldest aquarium.
And that is my mystery Tr...p Door Snail :)

Hello Mr Tr...p.

Let's see the size of the fish in these aquariums.

The fish of the 3rd line is under 2 cm.
They are less than 1 year old.


This fish of the 2nd line is 2 cm and a bit older.

And this fish of the 1st line also is 2 cm and of about the same age.

 I will keep you updated on further progress as it comes.

 Have fun and happy fish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment