Monday, July 25, 2022

Turtle walks on water surface


On my walk through Kissena park in Queens, New York on June 23rd, 2022 I spotted a turtle. 



This turtle stands out among all the other turtles I've ever seen before by literally...standing on the water.

All the legs of the turtle appear to be hanging freely in the water... 


Here the turtle hides all four legs and yet it stays above the water!

 I mean really... how is it possible?!
 Notice a fishing hook protruding from the turtle - so much for barbless hook fishing in this pond.

 I spend the next 20 minutes watching the turtle hunting dragonflies. 


And finally, the turtle reveals its secret to levitation.


The turtle managed to balance on top of some rock - a perfect spot to hunt flying insects. 
Here it goes.


Have fun and happy herping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment