Sunday, January 24, 2016

Myour batch of rough sketches

It takes an indefinitely long time to master new skills.
I want to learn how to draw and to make animations - new skills for me. And I want to have some fun along the way. It's really hard to find spare time to learn something new in a world where time is a luxury!



But my desire is strong and my head is buzzing like a beehive with zillions of ideas! This is my first installment, rather, batch of rough sketches that I have made in the past half year or so for the Myour project - here we go! - all pictures are shown without any specific order.

There is not much to share or brag about - nevertheless it may help me to stay focused and actually make stuff instead of just thinking about it. The Myour project is something that I've been working on with my son, Eric. The project will include: coloring pages, playing card game, animations (cartoons) based on coloring pages and playing cards characters - everything and much more if I learn how to make it :)

Most of the sketches I made are on the back of index cards (3" by 5") - nice pocket size paper to draw on while on the go using whatever pen or pencil I can find. Some sketches I made on letter size printing paper. All characters are already available for adaptation and future development! 

I decided to use only open source software for making digital pictures and animation. For now I am learning to work using Synfig - and the first Myour character is already digitized. You may expect many more to come for Myour coloring pages. As for the Myour coloring pages - you can print it, draw what's missing, color it. Then you name your character and give it special powers and it's ready for Myour card game!
Have fun and happy Myour :)






























































































No comments:

Post a Comment