Monday, November 13, 2017

Dwarf Lily Aquarium Garden


April 27th, 2017 
Here you can see 8 aquariums with a Dwarf lily in each aquarium. 


Buy dwarf lily bulbs on Amazon (paid link):

All 8 plants sprouted from two bulbs planted in January 2017.

 You can see these 2 bulbs in these 2 aquariums. 
Please check my previous videos for more details.



 May 3rd, 2017
 A leaf of the oldest plant wilted. 

I cut it off with scissors and removed it from the nursery.




 The plant looks great!


 May 11th, 2017 
Another leaf is wilted.



 I pull it out. 

June 13th, 2017
 This nursery aquarium is too small for this plant.

 August 2nd, 2017
 All 8 plants grow nicely through the Summer.






I noticed a new plant sprouting under the old plant from the bulb.

 This time I have to cut off the old plant from the bulb leaving the new plant attached to the bulb.

 The new plant is too close to the bulb to be cut off. 


The old plant is going back to the old nursery. 

Put the roots of the plant under gravel. 

The new plant is smaller than the bulb still. 


I drop it in my new aquarium. 

This aquarium is larger than the old nursery.

 Here you can see land mosses and Peace lily growing underwater ;) 

The second bulb also produced a new plant!


 I drop this bulb into a new nursery without fish yet. 

Here you can see the bulb surrounded by land moss.
 And there are seed shrimps and snails in this nursery. 

August 30th, 2017 
Seed shrimps flourish in this nursery. 
The land moss grows steadily. 
The young dwarf lily looks gorgeous.

 September 3rd, 2017
 Each old plant produced a new bulb!



Here is another plant with a new bulb.

 September 12th, 2017 
Leaves of old plants wilt rapidly.



 I leave them in aquariums for seed shrimps to eat. 

September 13th, 2017 
The last old leaf wilted.


There are new leaves sprouted from this new bulb!


 September 17th, 2017
 Seed shrimps did a wonderful job eating remains of old leaves. 
The nursery is clean!


 The new plant grows noticeably. 
Now I have new plants growing from the old and the new bulbs! 




I added newborn guppies to this nursery. 

September 21st, 2017 
The plant in the large aquarium grows, taking up all available space. 




September 26th, 2017 
The smaller old plants produce smaller size bulbs!



 October 20th, 2017
 The dwarf lily’s ability to grow a number of plants from one bulb all year around with minimum care on my part makes this beautiful plant desirable in my aquariums. 


Have fun and happy aquariums ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment