Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Magnetic Algae Scrubber


I bought an algae cleaning magnet (or magnetic algae scrubber) for cleaning the walls of my 29 gallons tank. 


Buy Magnetic Algae Scrubber on Amazon (paid link):


This small size magnetic scrubber should work on glass up 1/4 inch or 6mm. 
The glass of all my tanks is less than 1/4 inch for that matter. 
So, I can use this scrubber to clean walls in all my aquariums including a 29 gallon tank.
 Let's open the package. 

The scrubber has two magnetic halves and two scrubbing pads. 

And a manual. 

Here is the scrubbing pad with a rough side for cleaning glass. 



The scrubbing pad with a soft side for cleaning acrylic walls is already attached to the scrubber.

 Let's switch the cleaning pads right away. 




Pulling the magnetic halves apart is much harder than sliding them apart.


 So, slide halves to about 90 degrees angles to separate them. 



Now, let's put the half with the cleaning pad on the inner side of the tank wall. 

Put the other magnetic half a couple inches away on the outer side of the wall. 

Slide magnets along the wall toward each other until they snap together. 



Now let's gently move the scrubber along the walls where algae has grown. 



The magnetic halves hold to each other very well - as I drag one the other follows it. 
I have to move the scrubber over the same spots a couple times to clean it well. 


Basically, the cleaning takes as much effort as with a sponge or brush. 
Though, the magnetic scrubber seems less intrusive and keeps my hands dry too :) 






Now, let's see how the scrubber goes around the corner on the other wall. 



Nice and easy! 



So, I can clean all the walls without pulling the scrubber out of the water. 







This algae scrubber helps to clean the walls without actually pulling algae from the water. 
Removing algae from the water is a totally different thing. 
In the past I used HOG.5 algae scrubber and I like it as the best filter for handling algae.
 Though, I prefer plants for that task :) 
Check my videos about algae and plants for keeping aquariums clean.


 Now, let's pull the scrubber out of the water and slide the magnetic halves apart. 


Nice and easy.





 I like this little scrubber! 

With the magnetic scrubber I can reach the walls without moving the top land part of my paludarium!

 This magnetic scrubber is easy to use for cleaning walls without making any mess in the aquarium.



 Here you can see the wall I cleaned with the scrubber. 

And you can see the dirty part of the wall left behind the rock. 





I am totally satisfied with this magnetic algae scrubber. 



Have fun and happy aquariums :)

No comments:

Post a Comment