Thursday, March 21, 2024

A stranger thanks me for waiting at the red light - safe biking


A stranger thanks me for waiting at the red light - safe biking


I've been commuting across busy New York on a bicycle for many years. 
Biking safely through heavy traffic on busy streets is not that hard.
 Red lights, stop signs and traffic officers on busy intersections helps a lot.

 This cyclist crossed on the red light disregarding the traffic officer. 

Reckless rush is getting very common on NY streets.

 Here is another cyclist cutting through on the red light and riding against traffic... 


It's green for me...the car cuts in front of me going on the red light. 




So many people want to go faster by making it slower for many more people :(

 Another car cuts in front of me making a turn on the red light. 

It happens everywhere all the time. 
Good people rush, often mindlessly, taking chances despite their own safety. 

Here is a pedestrian who was waiting on the green, and decided to run on the red light!


 This e-bike goes against traffic and on the red light.

 Recklessness and chaos became more common. 



Too many people racing to get in front of each other. 
As this rider blocked the entire lane on the red light for no reason.
 It's dangerous and would not get him going faster. 

A car turning on the red light. 


A bike riding against traffic. 
We get used to this chaos. 


And yet, I stop and wait where I should.

 A bicycle speeding through on the red.





 -Thanks for waiting 
Sure
 A stranger thanks me for waiting at the red light and I am not surprised, are you? 
Have fun and safe biking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment