Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Rate My Ride Catching Green Lights Challenge


I am on my second hour ride going up hill by Queens Blvd in Queens of New York.

 I've been doing the Catch Green Lights Challenge through the Summer. 
I call it CGLightsC - for short. 


The goal of the CGLightsC is to ride on green lights only - the way we all should :) 

Gusty wind on this hot day makes it harder to climb hills.



 I am slowing down for the Red light ahead. 

All speedsters are stuck at the red light :) 
CGLigthsC taught me to ride slower to avoid making stops.
 I used to ride faster and often go through Red lights when there was no traffic. 

You know how it goes - there is always temptation to skip the Red. 

Oops, here I skipped on the Red light - minus one point!
 I should stop - it would give me a half point plus! 
Well, bad habits are hard to change - indeed.

 Following CGLightsC rules I go slower and yet get to the finish line in about the same time. 
A short stop, only a couple seconds lost - get home safe. 
That's all it is about!
 Here I scored a half point for the stop. 

Ah, yellow light get's me no point...again, I should be making a half point stop instead. 
There is a lot of room for improvements I could make to get higher scores.


 This block is too short - I have to make a red light stop here. 
Here we go - great!

 Okay, I am about to make a stop.
 So, let's do the score on this segment. 
I started this segment at 72nd avenue on Queens Blvd. 
Finished at Northern Blvd. and 35th Ave. 
It took me about 11 minutes to ride 3.4 miles.
 I scored a total 18 points going through 23 street lights. 



18 points is my best score of the 2023 season! 

Have fun and be safe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment