Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Violets Growing in Water


There are different types of Violets grow in New York.
Here you can see the Confederate Violet (Viola sororia priceana) blooming on March 31st, 2020.



A pretty flower I want to bloom in my aquarium garden.
And here is another type of Violet blooming on April 11th.



 Dig the plant out and wash the roots clean.



This plant has a blooming flower and two more blooms coming.

 Violets are small plants, with stems measuring about 5-7 cm and about 2 cm long roots.

Plants of this size should fit nicely in my 1 liter sustainable aquarium gardens.

 I put only roots of the plants in the water leaving all leaves and flowers above the planter.



Time lapse recording probably is the best way to enjoy the view of it blooming.

Flowers always seek the light.

Each flower blooms for about a week.



Then I remove the wilted blooms with stems to encourage new flowers to bloom.







And new blooms come shortly after.

 I enjoyed blooming Violets for about 3 weeks.

And keep the plant for another month after that, removing wilting leaves every week.



Add dechlorinated water to the level weekly.

Seed shrimp apparently enjoy feeding on the roots of Violets.

 Let me shake the plant a bit...here you can see them :)



 For two months, the Violets beautified my aquarium gardens while keeping them clean.



 A very simple to take care of and enjoyable flower to look at.

Have fun and happy aquarium gardens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment