Friday, March 1, 2024

Safe biking in NYC One day highlights


Safe biking in NYC One day highlights
Best of my

I ring the bell to warn of my presence.

This cyclist rides on the wrong side of the street.

Head-to-Head

I commute on a bicycle in New York daily.
I used to ride faster - learnt to ride slower just to be safe.
Riding faster is more fun, more stressful and plainly not safe.
I am a commuter.
Commuting is not a race.
Commuting is all about getting from point A to point B.

This one is moving left while indicating right turn... 

and cuts in front of me on the right turn.





People crossing the street on the red is very common in New York.

It's a one way street.

A cyclist rides in the wrong direction.


And another rider on my path going head-to-head with me.

Head-to-Head


Almost got me!


I keep my speed at about 10 miles an hour.

Even going down hill on clear bike lanes like this one.


That is the only way to get enough time to pull on brakes or make an evasive maneuver safely.

The bus cuts to the right and pulls over in front of me.




The bus driver caught up with me at the next red light and apologized. 
That's rare!


Green light for me.

This truck turned left on the red light cutting in front of me.

And another one is going on the red.



So much rush just to pull over seconds later?!



The day is not over yet...

It is a one way street.

Head-to-Head

I pulled on brakes and stopped to avoid head-to-head.

Juckheads on city-bikes are unpredictable.
Head-to-Head

Here is another one.

It's became predictable :)
Have fun and safe commute :)


No comments:

Post a Comment