Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Powers of Your Comments behind the scenes


Hello everybody!
The first thing first.
Thank You all for your comments!


 Your comments - positive, negative, mostly positive :) 
Your comments have the power to make or break my day.
And I mean it.
Among all features available on YouTube - your comments are the most important.
In my opinion, your comments are the most fun, the most interesting and the most useful part.
Probably even more powerful than the videos you commented on, as often the comments go off the topic.
Often you are the one who answers the questions.

Take a look.
It's faster for me to search for my videos on my website fewdoit.com 

Let's go to videos about slugs. 
This one. 

I remember one comment on this video... 

I pinned that comment to the top. 
And look - more than two hundred of you answered. 

My answer without you would be pointless.
 Thank you! 

I read all your comments without exception.

 And I answer what I can right away. 
Here is one of your most recent comments - or rather questions, that I already answered. 

Answering this comment I realized that I've never shown anyone what I do about your questions.

 That is where your comments and questions have the most profound effect.
 Your questions often prompt my next videos. 
There is more going behind the scenes as I answer your questions. 
I write an answer and I look if I have any videos about your question. 

Let me show you what is on my computer. 
I keep all raw video files for all my projects on external hard drives. 
This 2 terabytes hard drive is full to the capacity with videos mostly of this and the previous year projects. 

Let's open hmm...any folder. 
There are a bunch of sub folders with names that help me to identify projects. 
That's how I organize my video records. 








There are thousands of videos for me to look through for making a video answer to your question.


 If I have videos on that question I move them to my computer hard drive.

 Then it takes me a couple days to make about a 5 minutes long video and to prepare the blog post. 

I finished the project related to your question many months ago.
 However, I have never got the time to publish the video. 
Instead I have been publishing other videos that seem more important to me. 

And now we are to the point where the power of your comments makes the real difference. 

Here you can see the videos I already uploaded and scheduled for publication in the following month.
 Now I am going to upload the video answer on your comment and schedule it for...October 24th. 

Just as I promised in my comment on your question. 
Your comments, your questions have a huge influence on what next videos I make. 
And I believe the same stands true for most YouTube video makers - not just me. 

Now I want to use the opportunity to answer another question that came in a personal email. 

Let's open my YouTube channel and click on any video.


 YouTube has many built-in features in the video player for viewers - for You. 

Let's click on the three dots to see more options.


Here you can click on the Thanks button. 

In the popup window you can adjust the reward amount you may want to send to me. 


Oh! I like the heat indicator :) 

And you can write your comments right here! 

This comment will be prominently highlighted under my video. 

Your comments, Your questions are the greatest reward for me. 

Your comments have incredible powers to change everything on YouTube and in real life.
 Have fun and happy commenting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment