Thursday, April 27, 2017

Growing Spider Plant on Top of Aquarium


December 31st, 2016
Here you can see a 2 month old spider plant growing on top of an aquarium.



The plant is sporting 8 leaves now.
Check out my previous video for details about planting it.



The roots of the plant are still in the planter.
The root you see here belongs to a Dayflower growing in the same planter.

January 7th, 2017
2 bottom leaves wilted during the last week.

I am going to remove them now.
I think it happened because those leaves were resting partially on damp sand.



The plant has 6 leaves for now.

April 18th, 2017
The plant grows steadily in the past 3 months.

It doubled in size and there are many new leaves.
I keep it closer to the window for more indirect sun light.







I water it occasionally if the planter stays dry for more than a week.
Now there is no need to water it more.
Because the roots grew through the planter during the last week!
Here you can see the nice white root.



The spider plant grows nicely in short winter days.
I expect it to grow even better in long summer days.
Have fun and happy plants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment