Here you can see Blackworms or California Blackworms in aquariums when they are undisturbed.
Normally, Blackworms protrude partially above the gravel, ready to hide instantly.
Blackworms have a sense of light, and they can detect motions pretty well.
They hide instantly from moving shadows or if I tap lightly on the tank.
Blackworms spend most of their time in the gravel.
I've seen blackworms moving up the plants in a couple of occasions in aquariums, as in this example.
It happens at night with no fish I could see anywhere around.
Again, normally Blackworms stay in the gravel, ready to hide.
Blackworms normally hide when fish are actively swimming around.
Fish eat blackworms.
Blackworms reproduce by fragmentation.
Medium-sized gravel helps to break Blackworms on parts if fish pull on them.
Here you may see some Blackworms hiding in the bush of moss above the gravel.
I don't use filters or any pumps in my sustaining aquarium gardens.
My aquariums’ size varies from 1 gallon to 29 gallons based on the project.
Here you can see a one-gallon sustaining self-feeding aquarium with a breeding couple of guppies.
The aquarium is also populated with snails, scuds, and Blackworms.
We can see adult scuds moving around - my dwarf guppies hunt only baby scuds.
Blackworms are hiding from the fish.
I am going to take a sample from the bottom of this aquarium for you to see Blackworms.
On one take, I got a half dozen Blackworms and some scuds.
That’s enough Blackworms and scuds to seed new cultures in another aquarium.
Fish feed on blackworms and everything else growing in this aquarium, including plants.
I trim off old plants to make fish food flakes.
Then, I use homemade food flakes to feed the fish back in the same aquarium.
Blackworms feed on bacteria, remains of fish food flakes, and other organic waste.
Once in a while, I add dechlorinated aged water to the level.
That's all about Blackworms’ care in aquariums with fish - very simple it is.
Have fun and happy aquariums :)











































No comments:
Post a Comment