Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Subwassertang Seaweeds Aquarium Garden


My friend RP 101 Aquatic shared some Subwassertang Seaweed, among other plants, with me on July 12th, 2019.


 Thank you RP 101 Aquatic!

 Initially, I keep all new plants in a separate nursery for observation.

I move the plant into a nursery with guppies after a couple weeks or so.


 About one month later, on August 15th, I use the plant to set up a new 3 liter jar aquarium garden.


I add various plants and later on I added my dwarf guppies.
 Check links in the description for details on how I set up new aquariums.
Subwassertang Seaweed looks very nice in this aquarium.


Subwassertang Seaweed serves very well as a hiding place for scuds and other tiny critters.


 Here is the Subwassertang Seaweed five months later on November 10th.

Let's pull it out to take a closer look.
 Notice right away that the plant has attached itself to some rocks.

And the bush has doubled in size compared to what it was 5 months ago.
Apparently, Subwassertang Seaweed is a slow growing plant.
It grows at about the same slow rate as Marimo balls do.

Here you can see the plant has attached to a rock.
 That is something we can use for aquascaping designs.

I cut the bush in two parts.


One part goes back in the same aquarium.


Hey, look - scuds are happy to get the bush back.

 The other part of the bush goes into another nursery.


 Five months later on April 12th, 2020
My aquariums only get indirect sunlight.

 And yet, Subwassertang Seaweeds has been growing nicely through the short winter days.

Subwassertang Seaweeds grows without need for any maintenance in my aquarium gardens.


 I love this plant! 

Have fun and happy aquarium :)

No comments:

Post a Comment