Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Mazus Aquarium Garden


June 13th, 2021 
I pick a small blooming plant growing like a weed on a street. 



This is Mazus - a low growing perennial plant. 


I want to check if Mazus would grow with its roots in water in my aquarium gardens.

 Let's wash the plant with tap water. 

The Mazus has many tiny and very pretty flowers when you look closer at them. 

Okay, let's remove some branches to make the plant fit better in my garden. 
This Mazus plant has short roots - it makes it suitable to try only in small aquariums... 


So, here the Mazus plant goes on top of one of my 1 liter aquarium gardens with snails. 

Roots only in water. 

Blooming Mazus looks nice on top of aquarium. 


Here is a close up view of the flower.


 On my first attempt, this Mazus plant did not grow with roots in water. 
I may try it again this year. 
Have fun and happy aquarium gardens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment