Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Chinese Money Plant growing in water update


Chinese Money Plant growing in water update

 I got a cutting of Chinese Money plant back in August 2019.
Let's recap the first two years of this plant growing in water as shown in my previous video.


Initially I kept the cutting in small jars populated with snails, scuds and seed shrimp.

Those are self-sustaining aquariums without any additional feeding.

I keep all leaves above the water level.


Only roots stay in the water all the time.


The pant gets only natural indirect sunlight coming from the window.


18 month old plant looks gorgeous in October 2020.


The tiny delicate roots of this Chinese Money plant grew full depth of the jar!


I accidentally broke one of the leaves.


You may noticed that I've been moving the plant from one tank to another.
Some of the tanks, as this one, you may recognize from my previous projects 😉





January 2022
I moved the plant into 3 liter aquarium with dwarf guppies.


It's one of the last breeding couples of my dwarfs.


Here you can see the trunk of the plant has grown curved toward light.


The roots of this 2 and half year old plant stretching all the way to the bottom of 3 liter jar.

About one month later in March 2022
Some of the leaves dried out.




It looks like my dwarf guppies chew off tasty roots of the plant.

I moved the plant to a 1.5 liter tank with snails and scuds.



July 6th 2022.
The 3 years old Chinese Money plant grew small and yet looks pretty making a nice addition to my aquarium gardens.

A couple weeks later I gave away this plant to one of my friends.
Have fun and happy aquarium gardens 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment